OUTREACH FOR 2018 PA IPL CONFERENCE: Called to Save Our Sacred Home
I cannot figure out how to make the graphics downloadable. If you would like to use any of them please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- book marks final
- final flyer 1:2 page
- These are two versions of newsletter templates. They are in Word and can be adapted at your discretion.
- ECO IPL Newsletter short version with workshops in paragraph (1)
- ECO IPL Newsletter workshop listing version (1)
- This is a bit longer but gives a great overview of the conference
- PIPL c 300 words (1)
- This is very useful. Scanning will take you directly to the Conference website.
- Conference Website
- Small ad
Interfaith Power and Light Mission
The mission of Interfaith Power & Light is to be faithful stewards of Creation by responding to global warming through the promotion of energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy. This campaign intends to protect the earth’s ecosystems, safeguard the health of all Creation, and ensure sufficient, sustainable energy for all.
Global warming is one of the biggest threats facing humanity today. The very existence of life – life that religious people are called to protect – is jeopardized by our continued dependency on fossil fuels for energy. Every major religion has a mandate to care for Creation. We were given natural resources to sustain us, but we were also given the responsibility to act as good stewards and preserve life for future generations.
For 16 years, IPL has been helping congregations address global warming by being better stewards of energy. The campaign has a track record of tangible results: shrinking carbon footprints and educating hundreds of thousands of people in the pews about the important role of people of faith in addressing this most challenging issue.
In addition to practicing energy stewardship in our facilities, IPL brings the voice of the faith community into the policy-making arena. We know that our actions alone cannot stem the tide of climate change – we need to enact public policies to advance clean energy and to limit carbon pollution. IPL is working to support policy change at the local, state, and national levels.
As people of faith, our mission includes being advocates for vulnerable people and communities that are the most heavily impacted by climate change. From air pollution to droughts to rising seas, it is poor people who are being hit first and worst by global warming. Our goal is to ensure that climate policies provide adaptation and mitigation support for communities domestically and internationally whose health and survival is at stake. We also aim to make sure that all people can participate in and benefit from the growing clean energy economy.
Some important resources:
Becoming a Chapter Copy of PA IPL – Working Agreement between PA IPL and associated area Chapters.docx
Joining as a Member or as a Congregation?
April 14 -22, 2018:Faith Climate Action Week will encompass nine days in April surrounding Earth Day and will focus on how we can take action to protect our climate. This year the theme is Charged with Faith: Leading the way to a clean energy future.
Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light 2018 Annual Conference: Coming soon
Eco Theology Short Syllabus
Eco Theology Resources
Sustaining Creation – Quite a few videos for discussion
Rights of Earth and the Earth Charter
- The link to the UN’s website Living in Harmony with Nature that lists the laws worldwide that give Nature rights: www.harmonywithnatureun.org . It also offers: extensive written and audio-visual material focusing on a non-anthropocentric view of the world derived from analysis, reports and research in the fields of ethics, science, ecological economics, literature, politics, social sciences, philosophy, deep ecology, systems thinking and Earth jurisprudence. The information contained herein supports the belief that we must move away from a human-centered worldview and build governance structures in which Nature is treated in partnership with humankind.